More Success Stories, See Why They Love Us
Dr. Anand Panday
Dr. Anand Pandey is one of the most distinguished and decorated dental surgeon in jamshedpur .
You require a dental crown to
- Protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- Restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- cover and support a a tooth with a large filling or Root Canal Treated tooth when there isn’t a lot of tooth structure left
- Cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth
- Cover a dental implant
- Make a cosmetic modification
- Hold a dental bridge in place
What is a dental crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance. A dental crown covers all surfaces of the tooth. Unlike dental veneers, dental crowns increase the strength of the
tooth. But the reduction of tooth structure is more in the case of a dental crown.
What are the different types of dental crown available.?
We use some of the the best material for developing a crown for you, we rely on the brands such as Emax, 3M, Ivoclar & Sirona
Dental crowns are of three types.
Metals used in crowns include alloys that have a high content of gold or platinum or a base-metal alloys (for example, cobalt-chromium and nickel-chromium alloys). Metal crowns withstand biting and chewing forces well and probably last the longest in terms of wear down. Also, metal crowns rarely chip or break. The metallic color is the main drawback. Metal crowns are a good choice for out-of-sight molars.
these can be color matched to your adjacent teeth (unlike the metallic crowns). However, more wearing to the opposing teeth occurs with this crown type compared with metal or resin crowns. The crown’s porcelain portion can also chip or break off. Next to all-ceramic crowns, porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns look most like normal teeth. However, sometimes the metal underlying the crown’s porcelain can show through as a dark line, especially at the gum line and even more so if your gums recede. These crowns can be a good choice for front or back teeth as well as long bridges where the metal is needed for strength.
3.All-ceramic or all-porcelain dental crowns: –
Provide a better natural color match than any other crown type and may be more suitable for people with metal allergies. All-ceramic crowns can be used for front and back teeth.
Dental Bridges: –
Dental bridges are a solution for multiple missing teeth and also single tooth missing. It is used when a tooth is missing in between two healthy teeth we give a prosthetic crown by taking the support from those two teeth. Or dental bridges can be implant-supported.
Caring for Your Bridge
- A bridge can fail if the support teeth or the jawbone is damaged by dental disease. Follow these tips for good oral health:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss or use another between-the-teeth cleaner once a day. Brushing and cleaning between the teeth helps remove plaque, a sticky film of bacteria that is always forming on the teeth.
- Always clean between your teeth and under the bridge. There are many kinds of flossers, picks or little brushes—ask your dentist what type will work well with your bridge.
- See your dentist regularly for exams and professional cleanings.
- Eat a healthy diet.
We deliver a fast replacement for your missing teeth. You can choose what type of dental bridge you want (Metal ceramic / All-ceramic) and our experts deliver a very natural looking and perfectly fitting dental bridge and crown.